Now these minis took me a good while. I started these in November, but between work and renovating the kitchen (as luck would have it we had a burst pipe on the other side of the wall last week, which means we will have to do one wall anew once it is dry :-( ) meant I could only base them this week. These are the next unit for my Völkerschlacht von Leipzig / Möckern project and shall bring the French Légère Regiment closer tom completion.
As I said when I presented their 2nd battalion, the 37eme actually had a pretty short service record. It was created in 1812 from various reserve companies and was the highest numbered Légère Regiment under Napoleon (and I fear in all French history as well). It fought at Lutzen, Bautzen, Dresden, Wendisch-Carsdorff, Falkenkayn, Leipzig, and Hanau in 1813 and Saint-Avold, Vassy, La Rothiere, Brienne, Champaubert, Vauchamps, Mormans, Meaux, Reims, and Paris in 1814. After Napoleons abdication it was disbanded and not raised again after his restoration. It never managed to gain battle honours to its flag.
At 355 men this was actually the 2nd largest of the 37eme´s three battalions at Leipzig / Möckern. Under the Republic to Empire rules means 18 minis. Again I put them all (except for the command base) on half-bases due to their ability to deploy the full regiment as skirmishers.
Again the minis are Perry plastics, with the four minis for the command base and the 1st Coy officer being metal minis from the twins. As before the plastic minis had the cuffs cut off and the pointed cuffs of the Légère painted on. I am not sure if the metal minis actually come from a Légère set, but since they were missing the square cuffs they painted nicely as Légère.
Please bear with me on these photos… I was trying out a new camera and have to admit… I am not entirely happy with the results yet.
In other news… I am also about to pay the ferryman for my participation in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, by painting up the mandatory 28mm Samurai. The mini is from JC Miniatures (28mm) Samurai line. I initially planned to do two, but these minis are meant for slotta bases and Curt had asked for them to be based thin. With this one the tap removed quiet fine, but with the other one, I managed to rip off both feet. Since the Katana was broken anyway, I decided to focus on this one. I wanted to give him a dark and sinister look, so I went for black, with a little gold and red. I had actually planned to do only the straps the hold his armour in red, but somewhere along the route I felt he needed more colour so I did the clothing in red as well. Not sure why he turned so glossy, since the other minis I varnished in that session (the Légère above) turned flat.
I am also making some (limited) progress on the Byzantines. The Warlord and the first two points of mounted bow Heathguards are finished and the same goes for the Warlord. Now I will only need to varnish them and do the basing. So lets just say, that they have been held up at Security! ;-)