Finally finished these. They must have been sitting on my table for about a month, but somehow real live always seemed to intervene. But to be honest… I should have known, for these minis seemed to be cast under a bad moon from the beginning.
I had bought these used in 2009. Back then I was no big expert on the Napoleonic era (I am probably not one now either), but back then I did not notice that the seller had given me British guns to go with these. So when I took them out of their bag, this was one of the things I noticed. But there was worse to come. When I looked at the minis themselves they looked horrible. They had been half painted when I bought them. But during the time they had spend in storage the paint must have reacted with the primer or something else. As a result the minis looked like they had been rolled in sawdust while still wet. So they spend a couple of days in acetone, were brushed off afterwards and detail-cleaned with a sharp knife. Not that it worked 100%, since in some spots flakes of the old paint had lodged that simply would not be removed.
Anyway, I started to paint them so many weeks ago, and I have to say it was a mixed blessing. While these Perry miniatures have a great animation, some of the faces were not really my pot of tea and there were some things that did not make perfect sense. Like one mini having a canteen strap but no canteen. But I am happy with the results and these should form a nice nucleus for my French Artillery for Möckern. So here come the pictures.
As usual, these are based for Republic to Empire.