Some of you might still remember last years post about my 12ème Cuirassiers. From the beginning they were plagued by some problems. At first my better half wanted to paint these, but real life intervened and prevented her from finding the time and doing more than the first steps on the horses. So I picked up and finished the unit. All nine minis. Then I decided that I would not be gaming at a 1:30 ratio but 1:20 and painted two more… only that I would have needed four more. Last weekend I finally managed to finish those last two remaining horses and troopers. They had been sitting on my painting table for months now, primed and good to go.
Unfortunately the problems still went on. Once I started painting them I realised that one horse (the one painted brown) was suffering from the usual Perry metal casting problems and was missing part of the lower leg (right front leg). I must have seen this when I cleaned the minis up. since I had removed all the flash on he stump. Not wanting to wait any longer I went for the quick fix and just added a drop of white glue and put it in the sun for 10 minutes. And it worked since one can not see the defect.
Adding all up it took almost 3 years to finish this unit. I just hope they will not be plagued by as much bad luck on the tabletop! To finish this post up… here is a photo of the unit as a whole.