Anyway back to the unit itself. This unit was 408 man strong at Möckern. At the 1:20 ratio for R2E this translates into 20 minis. They were part of Major von Klüx detachment of the advanced guard, which means that my units for his detachment are nearly complete. Only the Guard Grenadiers are missing (but they were only attached to his detachment for the 2nd assault anyway, so I am fine in painting them a little later as well ;-)) and some Austrian Jäger that were attached to this unit, more by accident then anything else, but more on them in a later post.
I have not been entirely happy with the looks of my flags lately. Not with the flags themselves (I really love those GMB flags), but the way they curl. So far I have always cut them, glued them together with a glue stick, attached them to the staff and shaped them. But lately they always seemed to unfurl while drying and ended up somewhat flat for my taste. So this time I brushed some diluted white glue on the inside and shaped it this way. This time it kept its shape. One thing I did though was make a copy of the flag first. To my knowledge GMB flags are inkjet prints and the diluted white glue would make the colours runny. So I made a copy with a laser printer and used that, which worked fine.
But now without much further ado here are some pictures of them:While these were painted last year and I already showed them in an earlier post, here are the skirmishers for this unit: