This is going to be a short post since I spend very little time painting yesterday. Between doing some work in the house and deciding whether it was safe to sit outside or if the weather would turn bad, I spend most of the day.
Anyway, some progress was made after all. The horses are finished now. I added more shadows or highlights to the hides, did the manes, the grey got his dappling and the chestnut his socks. I painted hooves (lacquered grey), teeth and eyes. One word on the eyes. I only paint them in black or very dark brown. If you look at a real horse the eyelids cover most of the eyes and you only see the pupils. The only time you see the whites is when a horse is scared or blown. Since there is no reason for these steeds to be either, they are only black here. Personally it always freaks me out to see the whites in a horses eyes painted. In case anyone wonders, I paint the leather work (bridles, saddle, stir-ups straps and so on) after I am done with the riders. I found this works better for my style of painting.
Otherwise I only started painting the outlines of those uniform items and saddle cloths that will be dark blue. I had planned to have them blocked out and highlighted by the evening, but did not find the time… so be it. Lets see how much I will get done today.