So, I guess everyone is in 2015 by now. In this sense, I hope all of you made the change to the New Year in stride. But most of all, I wish all of you and the people you love a healthy and prosperous 2015.
As has now become a custom for me… here is my look back at the last year. Every year WordPress.com creates a little report about the statistics of this blog itself. For those of you interested click here to see the complete report.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 95,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 4 days for that many people to see it.
The good thing about those numbers is that they are back up to 2012 levels, now that I had more time to concentrate on my hobbies again. So close actually, that there were only 98 more views in 2014 than in 2012!
But again, most amazing for me was you, the readers. Over the past few years I have accumulated a strong Napoleonic follower base. Since most of my painting this year concentrated on my Warzone minis, I am sure there were some times when there was hardly anything interesting. So I am really happy, that you all kept the faith. At the same time, I am really happy for the constant rise of new followers and your participation in the blog.
And I really want to say thank you for all your comments on the blog (both positive and critical)… those really, really mean a lot to me, so please keep it up!
But now on to the numbers, that WordPress cannot know. All in all I painted / build:
- 267 Miniatures (down 88 from 2013)
- 51 Vehicles and guns (up 47 from 2013)
- 8 Buildings and a large bridge (up 5 from 2013)
- About 5 meters of roads and 2 of hedges (nothing to compare it to)
That is still almost one item per day. The slight drop does not bother me too much, given that the number of vehicles (which take a lot more time) rose quite substantially.
And just like previous years, I would like to share some of my favourites with you once more:
British PIAT team [BA]
95th Rifles (front view)
Prussian Landwehr casualties (front)
British 6pdr. [WG]
“Those skirts are not going to help you here!”
Shermans lined up in bocage field
Napoleonic French crossing the large bridge
Corner ruin 2 (inside)
Mishima Meka Suit “Cherry-blossom”
British Infantry group shot
Duchy of Warsaw 3rd Line Infantry, 1st Battalion
SS forward observers
Bauhaus close combat Vulkan suit
Bauhaus group shot
Trencher Imperial Banner
Panzerwerfer battery firing
Stuart Honey troop (front)
Golden Lions (2nd squad)
Michel Ney and ADCs
Looking back, what were my goals for last year?
- Painting my WWII Brits… done that… there are only a few odds and ends to do as well as the Churchills, Cromwells and Funnies, but I never planned to get those done in 2014 so I am fine with that!
- Painting at least two complete factions for Warzone… Painted one and some odds and ends for the others. Not perfect, but OK.
- Paint at least another army for SAGA (either Normans or Saxons)… completely failed that.
- Get those pesky Tau for Warhammer out of the painting queue… completely failed that. And I doubt I will even try in the future and rather sell them off.
- Paint some Napoleonics (preferably Russians)… While it ended up being more Frenchmen, Brits and some Poles… yeah done that.
- Terrain… Did some, but not as much as I wanted. But a lot has been prepared, so that should make things easier this year.
So what are the plans for this year:
- Painting some early war World War II (Poles, Germans, maybe some Russians, too)
- Painting at least two complete factions for Warzone (and keeping Bauhaus up to date)
- Painting some late war World War II Germans
- Paint some Napoleonics
Lets see how it goes this time!
But I want to leave you with a few game shots from last year:
French Artillery firing at the Prussian lines
Opposing lines crash
The plains of Russia
JS-2 in the fields
Panther lying in ambush
US Infantry in the open pinned by mortar fire
Venusian Ranger deployment zone
Brotherhood forces emerging from the forrest
Praetorian Stalkers attacking the Vorreiter
Crisis 2014 – A bridge too far for this Sherman
Crisis 2014 – Panzer in defensive positions
Etoiles Mortants attacking Necromutants